Grid Drawing Assignment
- Create a collage (photographs, cut outs from magazines, or from the internet)
- Draw a grid over the collage with equally spaced small squares "1 inch x 1 inch"
- Lightly draw a grid with the same number of equally spaced squares on a much larger piece of paper.
- Use the grid to draw your picture. The grid breaks your drawing in to many smaller drawings.
- Try to erase your original grid.
- Use various drawing pencils to add value, texture, and colour to your drawing.
Composition (T /5) - use of Space (negative & positive), use of images - balanced & harmony
Techniques: Shading (A /20) -Student used dynamic shading that has good darks, good lights,
and good range of grays in their artwork (showing good contrast).
Techniques: Grid (A /10) - Student created grid drawing using the grid method with very accurate proportion and realistic detail.
Craftsmanship (K/U /5) - high quality, lots of care and neatness (no visible grid lines)
Use of Class Time (C /5) - excellent use of class time, high effort
Creativity & Symbolism (A /5) - original and symbolism is evident