GUIDELINES for intro videos
Your group is expected to create an intro for your broadcast.
- Since this is a group effort each member is expected to contribute to the opening. This could be coming up with the idea, filming, editing, sourcing music or other audio, scouting locations.
- Try to incorporate different shots, angles, and movement in your video. The more varied shots you have, the more interesting your video will be. Also, short quick cuts in action give your video more energy and interest.
- For audio, dialogue normally does not work well since the same video is repeated each day. If you use music, pick an appropriate song that suitable for a Catholic School environment. Remember that not all songs marked clean are suitable for our use.
- Keep it under 1 minute; anything longer cuts into our limited time that we are on air.
- The video cannot depict any suggestion of violence, bullying, shooting, killing, or anything that could be considered offensive to others and/or inappropriate in a Catholic School environment. Please use your discretion. If you have questions regarding this, please see me for clarification.
- You must follow all school rules for your video. Consult your Student Agenda if you are not sure of all the rules and policies.
- No PEDs, and in full uniform – these seem to be the two biggest rules missed.
- All shots must be done within the school on the first floor only. Also, do not take the equipment outside during bad weather or icy conditions. Also, do not film inside washrooms/change rooms. Any space beyond the Library doors is a Public space, therefore you won’t be able to film there. Ask permission to shot in office, chapel, or other areas where you might cause a distraction.
- The equipment must always be in you or one of your group member's hands. No other students are to ‘try’ or use your camera, or any other equipment at any time. Also, student's that are not part of your group should not appear in your film. If you bring a tripod with you on location, don't forget to bring it back with you.
- Marks will be deducted for not following this outline and/or could jeopardize you not filming outside of the classroom area, as outlined in the Code of Conduct that you reviewed and signed with your parent/guardian.
- You and your partners are the characters in the intro video. Do not add anyone else to your video. Also, all video footage must be setup and taped by you or your partners; not by another person (this is why you must use the tripod).
- You should export your project to and save it the Class/Group Sever.